Guideline for Machine Readable Visa (MRV) and Machine Readable No-Visa (MRNV):
Machine Readable Visa Application Form: downloading / filling in the form
The following documents are required to be submitted in case of application of Visa applications (Machine Readable Visa - MRV) and No-Visa applications (Machine Readable No-Visa):
- Duly fill-in NEW prescribed form (downloadable, given above). Same form applies for both MRV and MRNV.
- Please note at least five (05) business days will be needed to process and deliver the Visa and No-Visas (from now on to be known as MRVs and MRNVs as described above).
- Please Type or Print by hand Block letters; illegibility may cause the delay in the process or sometimes no process at all.
- Attach One (1) passport-size coloured photograph for each applicant. Background of the photo should be white and photo should show your face clearly.
- Attach valid Bangladesh passport or Expired Canadian passport with a previously issued no-visa seal or Dual Citizenship Certificate issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Dhaka, Bangladesh; or, In absence of a valid Bangladesh passport, recently expired Bangladesh passport may be accepted and in that case the passport does not have to be renewed readily. Attach valid Canadian passport where the Machine Readable Visa or Machine Readable No-Visa will be given.
- Please attach Bank Draft or Postal money Order of appropriate fees/ charges. For details of fees, please see the relevant section of this website titled - "Mode of Payment". Please note that we do not receive any personal cheque. In case of more than one application from one family for Machine Readable No-Visa, fees can be paid by one bank draft or money order. (eg. For no-visa seal for a family of four, C$ 80x4=320.00 C$).
- All fees MUST be payable to “Bangladesh High Commission, Ottawa”. High Commission will not be held responsible if applicants send any blank bank draft or postal order or in any other's name.
- If you are sending your application by mail, please use the guaranteed or registered or express mail through Canada Post. Please also enclose a self-addressed envelope with sufficient postal stamps to return applicant's passport by registered or guaranteed or express post.
- We do not accept Couriers (FedEx, DHL, etc.).
- Please sign the application form with place and date. In case of children, parents can sign on behalf.
In case of submitting the application for children, photocopy of the detailed form of Canadian Statement of Live Birth (the long one) or Birth certificate with both parents' name on it has to be enclosed. Any of the Parent's (Father/Mother) Bangladesh passport also has to be submitted. Same fees applicable for children.
Please note: Incomplete form will not be processed and the High Commission will not be held responsible for such application.
Please note that we return all the original passport/documents back to the applicant.
Processing Fees for Machine Readable VISA (MRV) / Machine Readable No-Visa (MRNV)
Fees are payable to the High Commission of Bangladesh, Ottawa in the form of a Money Order/Bank Draft/Certified Cheque. Applicants who submit their applications by hand in Ottawa, may pay by debit / credit cards at the front desk. Delivery of the MRV and MRNV will take at least 05 (five) business days from the date of submission of the application. Please note that there is no urgent fees for Machine Readable Visa and Machine Readable No-Visa.