Form for renewal/reissuing of Machine Readable Passport (MRP) is as same as the New Application form for MRP (4-page DIP Form-1). For renewing/reissuing MRP applicant needs to fill up the MRP application form again and check the box "Reissue" on the right side of the first page. However, the guidelines are the same as the new MRP application.
Printable Version: Guideline for a Renewal/Reissuing of MRP Passport, However, if the applicant is minor or less than 20 Years old in that case he/she needs to come imperson to the High Commission for recent Digital Photograph, Biomatrix and signature.
The following documents are required to be submitted :
- Duly filled-in the prescribed form (form can be downloaded from our website on Machine Readable Passport - MRP field and can be photocopied as well). All sections of the form must be filled with correct and appropriate information.
- Existing passport and a photocopy thereof.
- 1 (one) recent passport size coloured photograph. Background of the photo needs to be white and photo should show your face clearly. It is better not to wear spectacles during taking the photo. For female applicants, face must not be covered in any form.
- During filling-up the form, please type or write by hand in block-letters; illegibility may cause delay or even nullify the process.
- Please attach bank draft or postal money order with appropriate fees /charges. For details on the fees, please see the relevant section in this website. Please note that we do not accept any personal cheque/debit/credit card.
- All fees should be payable to “BANGLADESH HIGH COMMISSION, OTTAWA”.
- Please note that your fees/charges vary according to your choice of service priority (REGULAR or URGENT).
- If you are sending your application by mail, please use the guaranteed or registered or express mail from Canada Post. Ordinary mail sometimes gets lost or causes unexpected delay. Please also enclose a self-addressed return envelope with sufficient postal stamps for return of applicant's passport by registered or guaranteed or express post.
- For Bangladeshi Government officials living in Canada on leave, relevant G.O. from concerned Ministry has to be submitted for any consular service.
- We do not accept application by Courier (i.e. FedEx, DHL, UPS etc.).
- Please sign the application with mention of place and date.
Please note: Incomplete form will not be processed and the High Commission will not be held responsible for such applications.
Processing Time And Fees for Renew/Reissue of MRP Passport:
Urgent Fee Ordinary Fee
Delivery within 3 to 5 weeks Delivery within 5-8 weeks
C$ 300.00 C$ 150.00
Fees are payable to : Bangladesh High Commission, Ottawa in the form of money order/bank draft/certified cheque.