Bangladeshi expatriates and their children (wherever born), are eligible to complete birth registration from Bangladesh High Commission, Ottawa, Canada.
1) Please fill up the form on-line available at http://bdris.gov.bd/br/application
2) Please take a printout of the form after duly filling up the form.
Required Documents for Birth Registration:
1) A printed copy of the online application
2) One 45 mmX35 mm size recent photo
3) A Photocopy of Bangladeshi Passport (Pages containing personal information)/Bangladeshi Birth Registration Certificate/Secondary School Certificate (SSC/NID/Hospital’s documents on birth (in the case of Bangladeshi born applicants)
4) A pre-paid express post envelope having a detailed address of the recipient must be submitted to the High Commission if the applicant wants to receive the Birth Registration by mail.
5) Bangladeshi Parent’s Child (Below 18 years) Born Abroad:
6) A print copy of the online application
7) One 45 mm X 35 mm size photo
8) A Photocopy of parent’s Bangladeshi passport (Pages containing personal information)/ Bangladeshi Birth Registration Certificate/Secondary School Certificate (SSC/NID/Hospital’s documents on birth (in the case of Bangladeshi born applicants)
9) A return envelope with the applicant’s address if the applicant desires to receive the Birth Registration document by mail.
Fees: C$ 10 (ten) for each application.
1) The fee has to be paid by Bank Draft/Pay Order/ Postal order in favour of Bangladesh High Commission, Ottawa, Canada.
2) The applicant can pay by Credit/ Debit Card in favour of Bangladesh High Commission at the High Commission office in Ottawa.
3) No personal check or cash accepted.
Please note that consular fee is non-refundable even if the consular service can not be offered or if application is withdrawn. You must pay the fee by bank draft or postal order in favour of 'Bangladesh High Commission, Ottawa.
Time for Service Delivery:
N.B: You can contact Mr. Omor Faruq (Personal Officer) of this High Commission, (Cell:18193290416) in case of any difficulty to fill-up the online Birth Registration form.