(After November 24, 2015 this Passport will not be valid)
All Bangladesh citizens, are encouraged to apply for Machine Readable Passport (MRP) and requested not to apply for hand-written passports as this type of passports will not remain valid after November 24, 2015 as per the decision of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
Printable Version: For fees please check "Method of Payment" section in the website.
The following documents are required to be submitted :
Guideline for a New Hand Written PASSPORT:
- Please duly fill-in the prescribed form (form can be downloaded from our website and be photocopied). All section must be filled in with correct and appropriate information.
- Please type or write in block letters clearly; illegibility may cause delay in the process or sometimes no process at all.
- Please enclose your old passport.
- Four (4) recent passport size colour photographs are needed. Background of the photo should be white and photo should show your face clearly. For application in case the passport is lost, enclose five (5) photos.
- Please attach Bank Draft or Postal Money Order of appropriate fees / charges. For details of fees, please see the relevant section of this website. Please note that we do not receive any cash or personal cheque.
- All fees should be payable to “Bangladesh High Commission”. High Commission will not be held responsible if you have sent any bank draft or postal order blank or in any other’s name.
- Please note that your fees/charges vary according to your choice of service priority ( Regular or Urgent).
- If you are sending your application by mail, please use the guaranteed or registered or express mail. Ordinary mail sometimes gets lost or occurs delay. Please also enclose a self-addressed envelope with sufficient postal stamps to return a passport by registered or guaranteed or express post.
- We do not accept application by Courier (FedEx, DHL, etc.).
- Please sign the application with place and date. In case of application for a child, parents can sign on behalf of the child.
- For Bangladesh Government Servants, relevant G.O. has to be submitted for any consular service.
Please note:Incomplete form will not be processed and the High Commission will not be held responsible for such application.
Extra Guideline for New Passport against any Lost or Stolen Passport :
- You have to submit a police report stating that you had lost the passport or your passport was stolen and you reported to police.
- You must submit some documents proving that that you are a Bangladeshi national and your parents and relations are also from Bangladesh. You may attach birth certificate, academic certificates and other authentic documents as proof.
- Your regular application form for new passport must be submitted along with a Declaration (available on the website as part of the passport application form) to duly be filled-up and signed by two Bangladesh nationals of your acquaintance.
- Please attach photocopy of your previous passport, if available. It will expedite issuance of a new passport.
- You may be asked for an interview.
- Please note that you may not be issued with a passport of full validity. If you qualify, you may be issued with a passport with validity of 6 to 24 months only, which is to be renewed later (conditions apply).