The Bangladesh High Commission Ottawa renders two Types of VISA endorsements
1. No Visa Required to travel Bangladesh (NVR) endorsement
Bangladeshi, having the nationality of other countries (except SAARC countries), their foreign national spouse and children born abroad are eligible for obtaining the endorsement of “No Visa Required to Travel to Bangladesh” (NVR) in their foreign passports.
The validity of NVR:
The ‘‘No Visa Required to Travel to Bangladesh’’ endorsement is valid as long as the passport remains valid on which it is affixed. The person can enter Bangladesh as many times as he/she wishes and can stay there without any time restriction within the validity of the passport.
How to Apply:
Type 1 - In case of Bangladeshi having the nationality of other countries (except SAARC countries):
1) Printed copies of all pages of the duly filled in the online Application form from https://www.visa.gov.bd
2) Two 45mm X 35mm photographs taken within the last six months.
3) Original Foreign Passport, valid for at least six months.
4) Photocopy of either of the following,
• the pages of Bangladesh Passport containing personal information (valid/ expired) or
• Birth Registration Certificate or
• National ID Card issued by the competent authority of Bangladesh or
• any Academic Certificate obtained in Bangladesh of the applicant if the Applicant is a Bangladeshi by birth.
Type 2 - In case of foreign-born children:
1) Follow the same steps for the above application Type 1 from sub-step (1) to (3) and
2) Provide Photocopy of the birth certificate of the children having the names of either the Father or Mother or Both and
3) Provide Photocopy of the pages of parent’s Bangladesh Passport containing personal information (valid/ expired)
Type 3 - In case of foreign spouse:
1) Follow the same steps for the application Type 1 from sub-step (1) to (3) and
2) Provide Copy of Marriage Certificate
3) Provide Photocopy of the pages of spouse’s Bangladesh Passport containing personal information (valid/ expired)
Please note that the High Commission of Bangladesh has the right to ask for any additional documents at any stage for scrutiny by the Consular Officer before rendering any services to the applicants.
Step 2: NVR Fee, payment methods and processing Times
Prescribed Service fee CAN $80 (Eighty Canadian Dollars only),
Mode of Payment
1) The NVR fee has to be paid by Bank Draft/Pay Order/ Postal order in favour of Bangladesh High Commission, Ottawa, Canada.
2) The applicant can pay by Credit/ Debit Card in favour of Bangladesh High Commission at the High Commission office in Ottawa.
3) No personal check or cash accepted.
*Within 10 business days after receiving of your application.
* Note: Application should be received from 09:30 to 12:30 for applying in person
and pick up is always from 15:00 to 17:00.
2. Visa Required (Machine-readable Visa) to travel Bangladesh (MRV) endorsement
Citizens of most countries require a valid visa to enter Bangladesh. The Bangladesh High Commission in Ottawa, Canada determines the type and category of visa and duration of stay upon receiving an application. The types and categories differ according to the purpose of visit, length of stay and bilateral arrangements with the country of the foreign national.
Canadian nationals may get visa on arrival to travel to Bangladesh. Canadian nationals along with foreign nationals residing in Canada can apply for Visa at Bangladesh High Commission in Ottawa, Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica and Nicaraguan citizens are also accredited to this mission.
How to Apply:
Application procedure for Visa:
To apply for Visa, firstly, the applicant needs to duly fill-in the online form for visa available at the web https://www.visa.gov.bd The photo of the applicant should also be uploaded in the concerned field along with other data.
Step 1: Required Documents
1. Printed copies of all the pages of the duly filled in online Application Form duly for Bangladesh visa.
2. 2 (Two) 45mm X 35mm photographs taken within the last six months.
3. Passport is valid for at least six months.
4. Depending upon the purpose of the visit, the following additional documents may be required:
To work in a non-governmental organization (NGO), the applicant should furnish a copy of the letter of appointment from the NGO with attestation by the Bangladesh NGO Affairs Bureau, Dhaka.
Please note that after scrutiny of documents, the Consular Officer may request for an interview and/or submission of additional documents. The High Commission may accept or reject any application for a visa.
Step 2: MRV Fee, and payment methods
For Canadian nationals, Visa Fee is CAN$100 (single entry) and CAN$200 (multiple entries). Separate visa fees are applicable for nationals of other countries.
Mode of Payment:
The MRV fee has to be paid by Bank Draft/Pay Order/ Postal order in favour of Bangladesh High Commission, Ottawa, Canada.
1) The applicant can pay by Credit/ Debit Card in favour of Bangladesh High Commission at the High Commission office in Ottawa.
2) No personal check or cash accepted.
Visa on Arrival (VOA):
This facility is available for foreign nationals of specific countries including those of Bangladeshi origin and the nationals of countries where there is no Diplomatic Mission of Bangladesh.
The Visa on Arrival is delivered after examining the genuineness of the purpose of visits, such as Official duty, Business/trade, Investment and potential investors and Tourism.
The issuance of visa on arrival is entirely dependent on the satisfaction of the immigration officers at the port of entry (i.e. airports, land ports etc.) after examining all relevant documents.
Bangladeshi origin foreign citizens, their spouses and their offspring may also be issued a visa on arrival, on the proof of their being Bangladeshi origin.
Officers and Staff of foreign Diplomatic Missions, United Nations or its affiliated organizations located in Bangladesh may be issued a visa on arrival upon presenting their official letters of appointment or other related documents. Only U.N. passport holders will get a visa on arrival free of charge.
Procedure and fees for VOA:
1) Visa fees are to be paid in foreign currencies, such as US dollars, GB pound, Euro etc.
2) Visitors must possess a minimum of USD 500 or its equivalent amount of foreign currency in Cash or Credit card.
3) Visitors must have return tickets. As some airlines may not allow passengers to get on board without a visa, visitors are hereby advised to check with their specific airlines to find out the case.
4) Visitors must have the necessary documents to justify his/her visit. These documents are similar to those needed for a visa application at the High Commission.
5) The fee for VOA will be applicable on the basis of reciprocity only.
Duration: Visa on arrival for eligible traveller will be given for a period of maximum 30 days.
Extension of the VOA: If required, the VOA can be extended by the Department of Immigration and Passports Authority, in light of the existing visa policy.